What is Hoof-Alive good for?
Hoof-Alive is an all-natural, all-purpose ointment to protect your horse’s hooves. Hoof-Alive promotes healthy hoof growth as it helps make the hoof virtually weatherproof. It’s not just for hooves; use it for cuts, cinch sores, rope burns, saddle sores, and abrasions.
How do you apply Hoof-Alive?
The coronet underneath the soaker acts as a wick, drawing the Hoof-Alive into the hoof. The soaker retains the heat in this area and helps Hoof-Alive to penetrate into the growth tissue pampering this delicate tissue. Use around the clock for two weeks, reapplying approximately 1 table-spoon every 48 hours.
What are the ingredients in Hoof-Alive?
Hoof Alive contains avocado oil, coconut oil, lanolin, glycerin, safflower oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil, aloe, lecithin, and vitamin E.
How do you treat dry horse hooves?
Caring for dry or cracked hooves
- Moisturize only if appropriate. Many people believe horse hooves are similar to human skin and applying external moisture like water, creams and lotions helps them stay hydrated.
- Treat dry hooves with feed supplements.
- Clean and check the hooves regularly.
- Give your horse adequate exercise.
Is coconut oil good for horses hooves?
If your horse is suffering from cracked, dry hooves, coconut oil can help. Coconut oil contains vitamins C and E as well as capric acid and lauric acid which can help promote healthy hooves, skin, and hair. Rub coconut oil onto sore or dry spots of the hooves daily.
Do you tip your farrier?
Although, many horse owners will tip their farrier every time for a job well done. Generally these visits are including in your farrier’s fees, but since our horses like to remove shoes on your farrier’s day off, it’s nice to thank him with a little tip.
How can I harden my horses hooves naturally?
4 Horse Hoof Hardening Tips
- Keep the horse’s environment clean. Whether a horse has access to a stall or is on full turnout, providing a dry area free from mud and excess manure is key to promoting hoof health.
- Feed a balanced diet.
- Promote good circulation.
- Use topicals?