- 1 Are Breyer horses always marked?
- 2 How do I identify a Breyer horse?
- 3 What is the difference between classic and traditional Breyer Horses?
- 4 Are Breyer horses worth any money?
- 5 What is the most expensive Breyer?
- 6 How do you fix scratches on a Breyer horse?
- 7 Are Breyer Horses collectible?
- 8 How do I turn my horse into a Breyer?
- 9 Where are Breyer horses marked?
- 10 Are Breyer horses made in China?
- 11 What is the largest Breyer horse?
- 12 How big is a 1/12 scale horse?
- 13 Where is the best place to sell Breyer Horses?
- 14 How do you clean a Breyer horse?
- 15 What do you do with Breyer Horses?
Are Breyer horses always marked?
All sizes have Special Runs, Show Models and Limited Editions. Breyer horses/animals are fairly easy to pick out because most of them are marked in some way. Typically, horses will have a stamp or engraving of ” Breyer”, “Breyer Reeves”, “BMC,” a plain “B”or “Breyer Molding Company” or some combination of these.
How do I identify a Breyer horse?
Know the Specifics of Your Breyer Horse
- Mold: The mold of a Breyer horse is the shape of the horse.
- Model: The model name, on the other hand, is a given name for a specific mold and color.
- Issue Number: Each mold and model also receives a number, which is listed in the dealer and customer catalogs.
What is the difference between classic and traditional Breyer Horses?
Traditional models are about 9 inches high by 12 inches long. Classics are about 6 inches high by 9 inches long. Of course foals are smaller than adult horses. The traditional horse is 1:9 scale ratio.
Are Breyer horses worth any money?
These can sell from $300 to upwards of $600 dollars each. Certain vintage pieces have sold for up to $3500! A good resource for establishing the age, rarity, and even identity of your models is the website www.IdentifyYourBreyer.com.
What is the most expensive Breyer?
The Breyer Model Horse That Sold for $22,000.
How do you fix scratches on a Breyer horse?
To repair the rub, simply put a little bit of acrylic paint on a fine detail paintbrush and carefully paint over the damaged area. You’ll likely need to do multiple coats to get good coverage, so take your time and let the paint dry thoroughly between coats.
Are Breyer Horses collectible?
Antique Breyer horses and vintage models are often considered some of the most collectible. These models often showcase unique paint jobs such as woodgrain and wedgewood blue horses. Other models are base coated with a white, making their paint jobs crisp and their white markings pop.
How do I turn my horse into a Breyer?
Provide a photograph for use in the creation of your horse’s special custom Breyer gift box and certificate of authenticity. Provide a 125 word write up about your horse and his achievements for placement on the custom gift box. Provide three options for dates or a time frame for your personal factory tour.
Where are Breyer horses marked?
Identify Your Breyer – Breyer Mold Marks. Breyer has used a variety of mold marks on their model horses. The most common of these are the “copyright” stamps, usually found on the inner hind leg or lower belly of the model.
Are Breyer horses made in China?
Breyer Animal Creations was founded in 1950 in Chicago, Illinois, as Breyer Molding Company. Model horses are sold through independent distributors and the Breyer website. While Breyer products were originally manufactured in the United States, production now takes place in China.
What is the largest Breyer horse?
With the exception of the 1:6 scale foals Traditional is the largest scale that Breyer produce. These models are sold as around 1:9 scale. Just like with the adult horses there is also a size difference with the foals.
How big is a 1/12 scale horse?
Horse 1:12 Scale Breyer Classics 1:12 scale is a bit smaller than the Traditional 1:9 scale, with horses roughly measuring 15cm high by 5cm wide by 22cm long.
Where is the best place to sell Breyer Horses?
A quick Facebook or Google search for model horse groups and pages is the best place to start. Ebay and other on-line classified sites are also a good place to advertise. Whether you take the time to individually price and sell each model, or want to sell them in one big lot, there are collectors looking to buy!
How do you clean a Breyer horse?
Fill a tub or sink with warm, soapy water (hand dish soap seems to work well) and let your model soak, submersed, for several minutes. Breyers like to float, so you can also get the model wet and soak one side at a time, placing a wet wash cloth on the “up” side to help soak the dirt and grime loose.
What do you do with Breyer Horses?
Feed your Breyer horse two times a day.
- Make pretend grains for the horse. It could be barley, oats, corn, or a mix. You could also use a pellet feed.
- Make sure your Breyer has hay when eating its grain. It helps the horse to digest its food better.
- Provide a toy bucket. Always make sure your horse has access to water.